Last Updated: May 11, 2022
What information we collect
We collect three (3) types of information:
- Information that you provide directly to us when you create an account with us.
- Data collected automatically such as tracking information, IP addresses or other data related tousage on LandTrust Sites.
- Cookies, to help us understand how our users use the LandTrust Sites.
Information you provide directly to us
- Account information.
- Booking information.
We collect your personal information when you book an experience with a Landowner through a LandTrust Site. At times, you may be asked to provide additional information, such as payment to provide under a secure payment process. When you provide your credit card number, it will only be shared with verified third parties who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction, and only the last four digits will be stored.
You can request that your account be deactivated at any time by contacting us email@example.com. When your account is deactivated, your user profile and all public activities (such as comments) will no longer be accessible by you or any other user of the LandTrust Sites. To unsubscribe from our newsletters, click on the link at the bottom of a newsletter you have received, or you can manage your subscriptions from your LandTrust profile. For any other changes regarding your personal data, please firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and we will respond to you promptly.
- Comments and other public activities.
We offer you the opportunity to comment on any experiences you book though a LandTrust Site in the form of reviews. These comments are visible to other users, and any personal information you include in your comments may be read, collected or used by third parties. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information you choose to submit in public forums. Information shared here may be used by others, potentially to send you unsolicited messages. Therefore, you should be mindful of what you share.
Data collected automatically, subject to you opting-in to its collection:
- As a normal part of our platform, LandTrust may seek to collect data about the types of wildlife species typically present on a Landowner’s property, the number of animals, size of animals, type of habitat, existence or use of food/mineral plots, existence of predators, etc.
- As we seek to provide our Landowner partners with the latest information around land management for wildlife, we may also request information around agronomic practices like the use and timing of cover crops, food plots, tillage practices, crop rotation, headlands usage, timber management practices, and certain related land management practices such as controlled burns and predator management.
- LandTrust will not sell or make available such data to any third party for the purpose of third party marketing to a Landowner.
- LandTrust will not share or reveal any farming practice information to any third party unless required by law.
- LandTrust may use this data, on an aggregated and anonymized basis:
- to participate with certain state and federal wildlife management agencies regarding certain aspects of a region’s wildlife; for example, to provide accurate reflections of the size and health of certain species for the purpose of informing season dates and harvest targets
- to summarize the negative economic impact across our landowner operations such as to facilitate better localized management through normal state programs with a goal of reducing such impact through better wildlife management practices
- As a normal part of our platform LandTrust may request your permission to collect data about the species of interest of a sportsman, relative experience, preferred harvest methods, areas of interest, past experiences and future goals, as well as mentor/mentee opportunities. LandTrust may also collect Sportsman-provided data to track the type of species observed, location, number, time of day, etc. as well as animal harvest information. LandTrust may also collect Sportsman-provided data about the types of equipment in use by a sportsman, including the desire or need for new equipment in the future.
- LandTrust will not sell or make available such data to any third party for the purpose of third party marketing to a Sportsman.
- LandTrust will not use the likeness or image of a Sportsman in any situation without his or her express written permission.
- LandTrust will not use data in any way to manipulate the price of a hunting experience on its platform. The pricing of hunting experiences will remain in the control of the Landowner.
- LandTrust may use this data in cooperation with any law enforcement or fish, game, wildlife officers in support of any investigation into Sportsman wrongdoing.
- LandTrust may use this data, on an aggregated and anonymized basis:
- to participate with certain state and federal wildlife management agencies regarding certain aspects of a region&RSQUO;s wildlife; for example, to provide accurate reflections of the size and health of certain species for the purpose of informing season dates and harvest targets
- in order to inform Landowners on fair market pricing. Such information shall only serve as guidance for Landowners as LandTrust does not set experience pricing on its platform
- If the Sportsman has provided us permission, LandTrust may use such information to inform the Sportsman of equipment deals or discounts which may be of interest to the Sportsman.
- All Users
- Tracking information for our site. This type of information is automatically collected and stored relating to the site&RSQUO;s usage. We perform statistical analyses of users of the site, and their viewing patterns, for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our audience.
- Device data. We may collect information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access LandTrust sites, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other preferences automatically collected. We use this information to help us understand how our users interact with the LandTrust sites.
- Data collected with cookies
- We use various technologies, such as Google Analytics cookies, to manage LandTrust.com and track use of the content we provide. Cookies provide a mechanism for us to understand how you use the site over time so that we can provide you the best user experience according to your expressed preferences. We do not sell this information to any third party, but may provide information to partners that assist us in updating, managing or maintaining our websites, including:
- standard web analytics information
- behavioral advertising which allows third parties to collect cookies to help LandTrust advertise offerings more efficiently,
- aggregated data about email click-through rates and video viewing,
- data collected through HTML cookies, flash cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, and
- demographics and other details to help us customize our sites based on your preferences.
You can exercise any of the rights described below consistent with applicable law by contacting us at email@example.com. We may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request
Managing Your Information
“You can access and update some of your personal information through your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date. “
- Data Erasure
- You can request that your information be deleted by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you request deletion of your information, or if your account is suspended, terminated, or voluntarily closed:
- We may retain your information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, Ratings, User Content) will continue to be publicly visible on LandTrust, even after your account is canceled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Some copies of your information (e.g., your Listings or use of Services) will remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
Children Under Age
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected any information from a child under the age of 13 (or under the age of 16 from the European Union) without verifiable parental consent, we will delete it from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under age, please contact us at email@example.com.
Deactivating Target Advertising
If you wish to opt out of advertising based on your browsing activities, interests and geographic location, you can opt to only receive generic advertising; for more information, please visit http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. To learn more about targeted advertising, please refer to the Digital Advertising Alliance on how you may opt out: http://www.aboutads.info/PMC.